What are the differences?
1. Two towers which are to the right from the Historical museum (on the opposite side of the square from us) were demolished in 1931. The Resurrection Gate with two chapels was considered to be an obstacle for military parades and demonstrations on the way to Red Square. The gate was reconstructed in the 90s.
2. St. Nicholas tower looks to be white-washed.
3. Lenin’s Mausoleum was built in 1930.
4. There are no chapels next to the Spasskaya Tower. They were destroyed in 1925 and therefore did not exist in 1946 like the Resurrection Gate when Yuon painted them.
5. We can not see in the picture by Yuon such details as any of the double headed eagles on the Kremlin towers. They were replaced by the stars in 1935. The stars are clearly visible in my photo.