Independent travelers sometimes complain that it is difficult to find the entrance to the Kremlin museums. It’s quite easy.
1. First of all, please, do not try to enter the Kremlin from Red square. It is useless and even unsafe if you insist.
2. Look at the map. There are two entrances for us (shown by red arrows), both are located on the side of Alexandrovsky gardens (Alexandrovsky Sad in Russian). The main one is through the Kutafya tower (1). To visit the Armoury chamber and the Diamond Fund go to the end of the Gardens along the Kremlin wall to the Borovitskaya Tower (2).
3. Ticket offices are in the Alexandrovsky Gardens as well (blue arrows). There you can buy tickets for the Kremlin, cathedrals, and the Armoury.
4. To buy the tickets to the Diamond Fund you do not need any additional admission ticket. Go straight to the Borovitskaya Tower, then along the building of the Armoury (21), and finally you will find the desired door with a soldier. Tickets are sold in a lobby of the Diamond Fund.
5. Arrive early to escape queuing.
6. BTW, the cheapest tickets are to the exhibitions held in the Patriarch’s Palace and Ivan the Great Bell Tower. Once purchased, these tickets give you the opportunity to see the grounds.
7. Do not forget the Kremlin is closed on Thursday.