From the Metro to the observation platform

by Olga on February 13, 2013

I’ve got a question:

Olga, can you tell me how to walk from the Metro station to the observation platform?

It’s my pleasure to answer:

1. I recommend to leave subway station “Universitet” by escalator, which is close to the last carriage if you come from the city center.
2. Outside look around. You will find at some distance a spire of the main MSU building. It will help you to orient yourself.
3. Cross the road and go to the left along Lomonosovsky prospect as if to the main building (you can see the spire).
4. Turn right at the first crossing. Very soon the main building will be on your left, go forward, pass the building and  turn left.
5. Now you are at the opposite side of the main MSU building. Turn right and keep going in this direction up to the observation platform. If you pass the fountain (does not work in winter :)), you are on the right way.

MSU observation platform

Related Posts:

{ 6 comments… read them below or add one }

David March 25, 2013 at 2:19 pm

Hi! can you please put a link to the exact location of the viewing desk? I can’t find right information on the internet, sorry!

how much does it take to go walking from Universitat metro station to the platform?

and do you think that I can go walking from here to Novodevichy convent and cemetery? how much time doest it take? is there any bus?

Olga March 25, 2013 at 7:51 pm
Olga March 25, 2013 at 8:32 pm

David, it takes about 20 minutes to walk there from Universitet metro station.

If you want to visit the Novodevichy convent the same day, I recommend you to visit the convent first, and then the best way to reach the observation platform is by Metro. University station will be the second one from Sportivnaya.
I don’t know any suitable bus route between the convent and observation platform, and it’s far enough to walk.

David March 27, 2013 at 4:11 pm

Thank you soooo much!!! you are so kind! thanks a lot for your fast
and helpful answer 🙂

Cheers from Madrid!!!

Joe January 15, 2016 at 3:53 am

Hi Olga.. i’m an amateur photographer n carry my camera n lenses in a backpack..so what m i allowed to bring in the kremlin to take pictures? Also can i have the rates of a private guide. Will the guide help us get ticket so we don’t have to line up? Is it safe to leave your things w/the guards? We’re planning to visit this year..whats the best time to go? Sorry for all this questions. Thank you.

Olga January 15, 2016 at 11:03 am

Hi, Joe!
Taking pictures on the Kremlin territory is permitted and free. Photography inside the museums and the cathedrals is not allowed. So, surely, you can take your camera and lenses. As for your backpack… it is possible that you will be asked to leave it in a luggage room. It’s quite safe. The visit time depends on you. The Kremlin is beautiful at any season. If you would like to see it with snow, come in winter. One more plus for winter – the museum is not overcrouded, but there are minuses as well – cold, cloudy or sometimes nasty whether. The period of May-September is more reliable from all points of view and most of the tourists prefer this time.
Taking a guided tour means buying tickets in advance by your guide. Changing the tour date or time after purchasing tickets is impossible.This rule is a must and regulated by the museum.
I can offer two tours: 1. the territory and cathedrals, 2. the Armoury. If we’ll do both tours it takes about 3 hours. About the prices I wrote you privately.